|Texas Senior Circuit Meet Recap by Tommy Hannan|| |
Jun 22, 2010
This past weekend a group
of 25 KING athletes, 2 coaches, and a chaperone made a great trip
to College Station, Texas to compete in the 2010 Texas Senior
Circuit Meet. The trip was a great experience for 4 senior group
swimmers and 21 National Group members to compete against some of
the top talent from the state of Texas as well as many members of
the Texas A&M and University of Texas swim teams. The meet
offered an opportunity to compete against some athletes that these
swimmers have never seen before and as a result allowed the team to
step out of their comfort zone at KCAC and just concentrate on
We had many outstanding swims during the course of the meet in individual events and relays alike. We ended the meet in 3rd overall and the highest ranked non college team at the meet. Some of the standout performances and performers include;
- Kristin Ainsworth - qualifying for finals in the 100 back and 200 back with personal best performance in both races
- Erika Nist - Top 8 finish in the 200 back with a lifetime best
- Bart Wanot - Top 8 finish in 200 back
- Trisha Averil - 5 top 8 finishes in the 50 breast,100breast, 200 breast, 200 IM, and 400 IM personal best in both IMs
- Joanna Wu - Top 8 in 400 free with a personal best
- Dannica Brennan - 4 top 8 finishes in the 100 bk, 100 fly, 200 IM, and 400 IM with personal best in 100 fly and 400 IM
- Rachel Kim - Top 8 Finish in 200 back
- Aki McFarlane - Top 8 finish in the 50 back
- Lauren Kaufman - Top 8 finish in 50 free with a lifetime best performance
- Andie Taylor - 6 top 8 finishes in the 50 fly, 200 free, 200 fly, 400 free, 400 IM, 800 free.
Andie was unequivocally the swimmer of the meet of all athletes in attendance. Taylor won 5 of her 6 events and had lifetime best in the 50 fly. Andie’s 200 fly was also the swim of the meet. Her time of 2:10.35 ranks her 25th in the World this year and 3rd overall in the US. This should really help her move towards her ultimate goal of qualifying for the Pan Pacific Championship games which are chosen at this summer’s nationals in Irvine, California August 3rd - 7th.
There were many more outstanding swims from the King athletes and almost every athlete had a second swim. Many of the teams had never heard of King prior to this meet, but we definitely left our mark on the Lone Star State. We are very excited about the end of our season and will be competing next at the Senior Sectionals in Gresham, OR.
Here is a recap of day 1-3 of the meet with a link to results.